Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 25- Wednesday, June 4th

As I had predicted, bugs were still in the garage this morning. I know I saw at least 2 large mosquitos that looked like they had West Nile Virus in them. We all ran out to the car on the count of three. Our dumb cat (Dash-2) wouldn't leave the garage this morning. I ended up having to get out of the car and pick him up and toss him outside. I pushed the garage door opener to close and he ran in there again! I was so mad! I had to get out and do it again! I threw him out in the yard just as a school bus of children went by our house. Erin was so embarrased because I was yelling "stay outside dumb cat!" I know it's mean to call him a dumb cat, but he kind of is. You'd agree if you met him.

We had dinner at our mexican restaurant in town, but it wasn't so great tonight. They didn't have any Diet Coke because they were in the process of changing out the machine. Then, the waitress brought my dinner first and nothing for the kids. I waited to eat until their food arrived. When it finally arrived, they had gotten both of their orders wrong. I had to send it back. We waited and waited. I decided to eat mine but it was already cold by that time. They finally brought the kids food to the table and Evan started eating his burrito. He pulled something out from his food and handed it to me. At first I thought it was just the skin of a peeled onion. Then I examined it more closely and it was a piece of plastic! I called the waitress over and she took it to the kitchen. She came back and said the cook said it was a piece of tomato. NO WAY! It was totally a piece of plastic! I pulled on it- hard- and it was definitely not a tomato or tomato skin. It was PLASTIC! (Maybe from a bag or something is what it looked like.) It was definitely not our night.

The kids played a few rounds of Guitar Hero and just went to bed. I'm doing laundry. Loads of fun. Chris comes home in 3 days, so that is what we are all looking forward to!

1 comment:

cinder99 said...

What a crappy day you had! And it is only Wednesday. Sometimes we feel that nothing goes right. It sounded like one of those days.
Just keep on keeping on. Saturday will be here before you know it. I believe you are doing something with Evan's class on Friday. So your Friday will be here tomorrow.

Just texted Chris, and they made it to Blue Springs MO tonight. No storms today.

Poppa Bob sends his love.
My love to all,
Gramma Betts