Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 23- Monday, June 2

I might have to change the name of my blog site to "28 days" instead of 29... Chris and Vance have decided to alter their trip route a bit. Their new goal is to reach High Point on Saturday evening instead of Sunday evening! I was so excited to hear this news tonight! Erin and Evan were too! The kids and I will go to High Point so we are there with Janet and we can all welcome them home together.

Chris will be home Sunday and Monday- but unfortunately he has to leave again for one more week- this time in a car. We've known about this all along, so I've been mentally prepared as much as one can be. He goes to Daytona Beach, FL for one week to grade AP English exams. I've gone with him before, and it's great- except it is not really possible to make it a 'family' vacation because he will be grading from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every day. The hardest part of him leaving this year is that he has to leave on our 13 year anniversary- and we only have 2 days together after being apart for a month. BUT...the best part is that when he finally returns to us, we are all leaving TOGETHER on a week-long family beach trip with my extended family. :-)

Today was an uneventful day for the kids (thank goodness) I made stir fry for dinner tonight and the kids were not impressed with it. Let's see what tomorrow brings...

3 comments:

C.V. Davis said...

I love you. You're doing a great job while I'm gone! Chris

Patti said...

I loved seeing Erin's dance! She got rhythm. Tell her how great Grammy thought she was. I know you all will be happy when Chris rolls into town! xoxox

cinder99 said...

Amen!!!

We enjoyed Erin's dance as well. Isn't she the dancer on the front row - right side as we are looking at the stage? She did a great job.
Technology is so wonderful that we can share in great moments.
Love to all,
Gramma Betts